Let's talk about hugs. Why? Because essentially that is what this blog is all about. Well, not really, but the title is, after all, called "Lots and Lots of Bear Hugs." So why not talk about the title of this blog?
Allow me to analyze hugs. Now, this may seem very odd and peculiar to both those who know me and those who do not know me, or perhaps do not know me very well. But, regardless of your personal connection with my life, the oddity of this post is probably quite strange and perhaps a bit weird. Allow me to create a small side note: you do not have to read this if you do not want too. However, if you are quite curious as to what-in-the-world Becca has to say about hugs, do continue reading.
Now, shall we begin? Yes, I do believe we shall.
First we shall start with the definition of a hug (according to thefreedictionary.com):
hug (hg)
v. hugged, hug·ging, hugs
v.tr.
1. To clasp or hold closely, especially in the arms, as in affection; embrace.
2. To hold steadfastly to; cherish: He still hugs his outmoded beliefs.
3. To stay close to: a sailboat hugging the shore.
v.intr.
To embrace or cling together closely.
n.
1. A close, affectionate embrace.
2. A crushing embrace, as in wrestling.
There. Now we all can distinguish what I mean by a hug, which can best be described by the first five definitions. Ignore the wrestling term, that is beside what we are talking about :P
Moving on.
I have a few basic ways I hug, only one of which I think is the best. The worst, in my opinion, is the one where one arm is above and the other arm is below. That is a terrible, despicable way to hug a person. No offense intended towards anyone who loves hugs like that. I just personally hate them, as I have cared to mention to a few of my friends. Unfortunately, some friends do like to hug that way. Maybe one day I will tell them I do not.
Another way is where my arms go around their waist and theirs over my neck. That way is okay I suppose...but the best way by far I think for me personally is when my arms go around their neck and theirs around me waist. That is my most favorite way to hug. Why? Because I like to be held, as romantic as that sounds. But I do not mean it in a romantic way. Sorta. I will explain in a bit.
Continueing...
There are certain people in this world who just hate hugs. Why? I have no absolute idea. Perhaps they just don't like to be held, or perhaps they don't like people touching them, or perhaps they are grouchy. Whatever the case, I respect them for their decision and I mean in no way to disregard peoples feelings and emotions concerning embracing. I suppose all is just an opinion of the mind. Just thought I should make a side note on this.
Anyways...
Why do I love hugs? I have pondered this in my head for quite some time in the past and have come to a fairly reosonable conclusion:
It's my way of getting close to Jesus =)
Putting all formality aside, this is the honest and bare truth behind the manner. Whenever I pray I like to open my arms to Jesus and say "hug me Jesus." And then I wait for a feeling to come upon me. Rarely it comes, but when it does it is a beautiful gift that God gives me. In His arms I can release my burdens and trials and hardships and just come to Jesus and be filled by His loving embrace. I think the most beautiful thing in this world is when we act as children and in our troubles and tears open our arms to above and just say, "Hug me Jesus." =') ♥
That is why I love hugs. In my mind it is but a small step closer to God's loving embrance; when I am being held by a dear friend or my father or by family (whether real family or my friends that I call my "family") it brings me closer to the joy I know that I will have when I can finally truly open my arms wide and race into my Saviors arms in heaven. That's the honesty in it all.
For me, hugs are about getting closer to Jesus, but they are also about allowing someone to release their burdens to me, and for a few moments, however long the embrace lasts, I am able to truly share their trials and troubles. In a sense their burdens are on my shoulders, and mine are one theirs. While I do not mean that I can't possibly share people's burdens otherwise, I am merely stating that hugs does something to someone...it brings them closer together both physically and mentally. I think it is one of God's greatest gifts toward mankind, a spiritual gift that allows friends to get closer to what God truly wants for us to understand: that He will take our burdens. All we have to do it ask. All we have to do is hold out our arms and ask for a hug.
I think that is all I shall say on the matter. I'm sure if I tried I could go deeper and digest more of the peculiar meanings of a hug, but for now I will leave it at this simplicity of mind and allow you, whomever you are, to have your own thoughts and opinions.
Laugh often, smile a lot, and hug more and more =)
Love,
Becca <3 =)
No comments:
Post a Comment