I've decided to analyze certain quotes that I particularly enjoy. Seems like a fun pastime and it would give me more idea's about posts I can write. I love to write, but inspiration can be hard to come by at times and writers block is a serious disease that I seem to have.
Quote of the day:
“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.” --Winnie the Pooh
I love Winnie the Pooh. It used to be my favorite cartoon when I was little, and I even used to pray to God all the time for me to be able to meet Piglet and Pooh Bear and Tiger and all them in heaven. I always prayed it with much earnest. My favorite character was Piglet (who, in spite of contradictions and many arguments, is, indeed, a girl. Don't argue.) Anyways.
Winnie the Pooh quotes are some of the best quotes around I think. Because even though they seem silly and not meaningful, when you really dwell into their true meaning you find that the wisdom expressed is very forceful and has a lot of truth to it. Not only does Winnie the Pooh exhibit some high brained wisdom for his stuffed body, he seems to show a true sense of reality, more than a lot of us could ever become.
No matter where I go, no matter what I do, and no matter who I leave behind I want everyone to remember this quote. For no matter what you think, you are indeed braver than you believe, you are stronger than you seem, and you are smarter than you think. So many times we undervalue ourselves and think of ourselves more lowly than we ought. We do not believe we are capable of living up to high standards. Instead of saying "I can do it!" we say "I can't do it." But no matter what your situation, no matter how bleak and dreary and horrible the situation may seem, you can indeed do it through God's strength.
I'm not saying in any way that we are not to remain humble about ourselves. But having confidence is also a very important matter that we must remember. I used to be the most shy, most insecure girl there ever lived. Literally. I took no chance, no risks, no adventures. I was like a baby chick who refused to peck out of the egg because it felt to cold. But now I feel that I have improved drastically. Although I know that I still have a lot of work to do, and that I still have many things to improve, I believe that I have matured greatly to a point where I'm not quite as shy as I used to be; although I still am shy.
Anyways. The last part of the quote.
To my friends that I am leaving: even though we're apart, you'll always be in my heart. I will think about those dear to me everyday, and even those who I do not feel that close to I know that they will also pass my mind. It's hard to say goodbye. I don't want to say goodbye. I hate saying goodbye. But goodbye is just part of growing up; it's part of becoming the person that we have to be. Sometimes we have to say goodbye to those we love in order to truly find out who we are and who are true friends are. When I left my other school I found out who my true friends are. When I leave this school I will once again come to that realization. I hope that all of my good friends will remain with me forever. Because I will honestly try my best to be the very best friend I can possibly be to those that I love dearly.
Love,
Becca
Wherever I go, whatever I do, I wonder where I am in my relationdship to you... Wherever you go, wherever you are, I'll watch your pretty life play out in pictures from afar. <3
ReplyDelete