Lots and Lots of Bear Hugs

Friday, December 17, 2010

Joy despite my troubles; joy despite my pain

"You will go out in joy and be lead forth in peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song before you, all the trees of the fields will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12

I've known this verse since I was really little. My daddy and I used to say it to each other all the time and we'd have competitions on who could say it the fastest. I miss those days.

Anywhoo--recently (idk if i've already talked about this. Forgive me if I have) but recently I have committed myself to being more joyful despite any and all my afflictions/trials I go through. An excellent philosophy to adopt, ps. It's really hard though. It's hard to remain joyful even when you feel like crying; it's hard to be happy even when that frown is slowly creaping up on your face; it's hard to laugh even when all the world is crashing down around you.

But it's worth it.

I know no matter what that God is there and that he can give me joy to face the oncoming trials of each day. I find myself asking him continuously for peace, joy, wisdom, faith, contenment. Sometimes I get so worried...so terribly worried about...well..everything. Hiding it is not alwayst he best idea, but having joy despite the circumstances is an amazing ability that I wish I could master.

God is my strength and my song; my fortress in whom I take refuge. In him I shall never be afraid for I know that he has everything under control and that everything is in his hands. Yea, though I will through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For God is with me; his rod and his staff comfort me.

I gotta keep telling myself that. I gotta keep remaining joyful despite everything feeling like it's crashing down all around me. I gotta keep the hope: gotta keep the faith. Gotta keep persevering. And then, maybe then, will I actually be able to come close to comprehending God's amazing and unfathomable love for me.

Love,
Becca <3 =)

2 comments:

  1. i'm really glad you can pull that off. It's not a good philosophy for a lot of people because they aren't strong enough. To know someone who can is encouraging. You can do it.

    And congratz on keeping your post under 10 pgs. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks =) and yes I know what you mean..I hope I'm strong enough. With God's help I know I am.

    It's encouraging to know that this post has been read. Sometimes I feel I'm talking to myself.. :P then again, I guess I kinda am. Although I'm mostly talking to God.

    ReplyDelete