Lots and Lots of Bear Hugs

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stars, the universe, cosmic forces, and big scientific words...

I'm over-thinking my summary >.< trying to turn it into a long essay instead of something short, simple and sweet. I tend to do that. But I guess that's probably a good thing. Least I know I won't slack when I actually have to do some real essays. Least I hope not.

Anyways, here's a little poem about stars. Enjoy =)


Starry Ballet
by Becca

I see you staring down at me
Twinkling brightly, flying so free
Up in the deep dark midnight blue
I can hear you whisper, "I Love You."

The stars all dance in a rhythmic pace
Beautiful rhythms, flowing with grace
Waltzing and sashaying along the dark sky
It's a starry ballet...one that flies.

Your light shines down and touches my hair
Your beauty echoes; you have not a care
Like a tear, you splash your brillance on the ground
Sparkling, glittering, your irridesence found.

The stars all dance in a rhythmic pace
Beautiful rhythms, flowing with grace
Waltzing and sashaying along the dark sky
It's a starry ballet...one that flies.

"Come! Dance! Join us in the heavens."
"Come! Prance! We're all grouped in sevens."
"And sixes and fives, fours, twos and threes."
"You're the only One, alone on your knees."

I gaze up at you with a sad, forlorn smile.
"I can't," I reply, "We're seperated by miles."
"But you can watch me dance my own lonely song."
And I begin to twirl as the stars gaze along.

And when I am through, they twinkle in applause.
I bow low to the ground after taking a short pause
Then gaze up at the sky at my beautiful, starry audience
And the billions of onlookers who cared to watch me dance.

The stars all dance in a rhythmic pace
Beautiful rhythms, flowing with grace
Waltzing and sashaying along the dark sky
It's a starry ballet...one that flies.

But, alas, twilight comes and they begin to fade away.
But you are still up there, willing to stay
Until the very last second before you must say goodbye
But I know I'll see you tonight way up in the starry sky.

"Goodbye," You call out, twinkling as you wave.
"Goodbye," I reply, for that's all I can say.
Because you are gone in a flash, fading into the night
And all that's left of you is a trace of a glimmery light.

But I am not sad, for I know it's not the end
And I know I will see you once again
Tonight, this night, we will dance altogether
Me on this heavy earth, and you light as a feather.

So until then I will prepare my starry dance
One that is synchronized with yours, I'll take the chance
Of letting myself be free to dance with the stars
Because when we dance together, the distance between is not quite so far.

The stars all dance in a rhythmic pace
Beautiful rhythms, flowing with grace
Waltzing and sashaying along the dark sky
It's a starry ballet...one that flies.



Love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment