Lots and Lots of Bear Hugs

Friday, August 20, 2010

A Word to the Wise: Make Cookies Not War

Cookies = amazingness :) War = sadness :(

But with much seriousness I would like to share a poem I made up concerning war. Not just the physical kind of war...but the mental too.

I'm a Soldier
by Me

It's odd to watch the flowers bloom come midday summer spring
And see the lillies and trees grow and sprout with budding leaves.
And it's odd to watch children laugh and play with joyful, happy smiles.
Singing, dancing, joking around...those joys left me by miles.

My heart is cold, hard cold stone
Like steel that refuses to bend.
My mind is rough and tough and lonely
One that will take years to mend.

I've seen it all: the wounds, the heartache
But experience sometimes seems worse.
What joy is left inside my heart
Is broken...and it hurts.

To know not what tomorrow brings
To wonder if anyone cares.
To remember all the times of joy before I left.
I'm going to need some time to repair.

I'm a soldier.
Fighting.
Willing to give up my life.

I'm a soldier.
Dieing.
Not willing to let go of my strife.

Now lying here in this muddy world
I realize there's only one hope.
A hope once long forgotten by me,
That I only remember when I can no longer cope.

Save me! Save me!
I cry out.
I'm wounded and in so much pain!

Save me! Save me!
I yell out.
I'm lost without saving grace.

How can I live? How can I die?
Without knowing where I will be?
In heaven, hell, maybe some middle earth?
When I die...where will I spend eternity?

I'm a soldier...yeah, a soldier.
Hard, battle scarred man.
I'm a soldier...yeah, a soldier.
In need of someone greater then I am.



I'm referring this to those who are lost and yet do not know Christ. Perhaps how some of us used to be like. As for me, I accepted Jesus when I was very young, so I fortunately did not have to experience to much hardship without his guiding hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment